The game is available on Windows and Linux.
All you need to do to play is join the official 2HOL Discord guild to be provided with login details, a guide on how to play for the first time and a link to download for your version. See the official website for a link to the Discord.
Beta and early testing releases are available to Patreon supporters and various other members of the community, these people are known as 'Guinea Pigs'. There is no process to apply to become a 'Guinea Pig' other than supporting development on Patreon.
- This list is incomplete and missing key information about releases between founding (March 2018) up to August 2019.
- Change logs are incomplete. See the commit history of both repositories on Github for an exhaustive list. OneLife OneLifeData7
- To play on the official server you must be using the latest version.
- 1 v20288 - 10 December 2021
- 2 v20280 - 7 March 2021
- 3 v20279 - 7 March 2021
- 4 v20278 - 15 December 2020
- 5 v20277 - 15 December 2020
- 6 v20276 - 22 November 2020
- 7 v20275 - 08 November 2020
- 8 v20274 - 02 November 2020
- 9 v20273 - 26 September 2020
- 10 v20272 - 14 September 2020
- 11 v20271 - 05 September 2020
- 12 v20270 - 14 July 2020
- 13 v20269 - 12 July 2020
- 14 v20268 - 13 June 2020
- 15 v20267 - 30 March 2020
- 16 v20266 - 11 March 2020
- 17 v20265 - 09 November 2019
- 18 v20264 - 31 August 2019
v20288 - 10 December 2021
|This article is a stub. You can help Two Hours, One Life Wiki by .
Reason: "Changes and additions need to be documented."
- The game map was wiped.
v20280 - 7 March 2021
- Brick Mixture - Gives an even 12 uses.
- Coins - Sprites replaced by new artwork.
- Plate Stacks - Can be used for forging.
- Firebrand - Can be put out using water.
- Orange Tree - Now resets the cycle correctly.
- Scarecrow - Crow spawning reduced.
- Board Variants - Boards are now interchangable.
- Signs and Shelves - Now require nails to attach to walls.
- Bone needles - Can be stacked.
- Paint Brushes - No use when creating them.
- Horse Hair - Can be created from multiple horse objects.
- Leaf - Can be created from multiple green biome trees.
- Leather Boots - Can be made by cutting leather.
- Mouflon Loincloth - Primitive pants.
- Light and Dark Spring Doors - Variant of normal wood sping door.
- Shelf Wall Variants - Most walls now support shelves.
- Nails - Added to attach items to walls.
- Roast Pig - New food.
- Chilli Con Carne - New food works similar to stew.
- Vertical Fence Gates - Can be created same way as normal gates.
v20279 - 7 March 2021
- Property Fence - Decay timings now match.
- Hunting - Fired arrows have a chance to miss and break, Boars, Bisons and Wolves will now turn angry when shot at.
- Bow and Snare - Can now be disassembled.
- Carts - Can now be disassembled.
- Pitchfork Head - Can be scrapped.
- Broth and Salt - Writting doesn't flip.
- Blacksmith Apron - Recoloured to match leather and dyable black.
- Storage positioning - Position calculation now doesn't include hidden sprites.
- Self Healing - Code added to support self healing.
- Wooden Box with Note - Now requires glue.
- Leather Quivers - Reloading arrows can be be done by clicking the quiver.
- Cow Boy Hats - 3 variants can be created.
- Automatic & Animal Blocked Doors - Added tags to support auto doors + blocking animals from escaping (Thanks Risvh).
- Reed Backpacks - Early game backpack which eventually breaks.
- Bricks and Brick Walls - Clay and Soil can be used to produce bricks for building.
- Flatbread Tables - Can mass product flatbread using tables.
- Written Graves - Graves can now hold messages.
- Written Stone Block - Stone Blocks can hold messages and display when walked by.
v20278 - 15 December 2020
- New Door Varations - Added missing transitions.
- Glue pot - Fixed so letters don't display backwards.
- Garland - Christmas Garlad can be made and added to other items.
- Wreaths - 3 variants can be created.
- Christmas Dress - Vanity item to spread Christmas cheer.
- Christmas Sock - Vanity item to spread Christmas cheer.
- Christmas Stockings - Used on fireplaces and hold 1 small item.
- Cookies - Yum!
- Crock with Soil - Used to create Christmas Trees.
- Christmas Tree - Balsam cutting can be planted into the crock with soil.
- Wall Garland Variants - Garlands can be placed on stone walls.
- Fireplace Garland Variants - Garlands can be added to fireplaces.
- Snow Walls - Imported from OHOL.
- Christmas Lights - Used to attach to arches and Christmas trees.
- Stone Arch Variants - Garlands, lights or both.
- Presents - Wrap a gift up and write a note to someone.
- Wreath Door Variants - 3 variants can be created on all coloured doors.
- Elf Hats - Become one of Santas little helpers.
v20277 - 15 December 2020
- Paint Brush - Last use now works.
- Butt Log - Last use now works.
- Sparrows - Probability and Decay now matches crows.
- Sardines - Decay to stop moving.
- Shelves - Shelf positioning should be more accurate.
- Containable Food - More food can be added to tables.
- Food Crocks - Now have letters on the crock.
- Rennet - Can be retreived from any dead sheep.
- Silk - Long Shaft no longer despawns when cutting silk cocoons.
- Wattle Walls - Can be created vertically.
- Wood Doors - Dark and Light wood door variations added.
- Chopping Block - Portable device for preparing geese or holding 1 large item.
- Glasswort - Can be planted domestically.
- New tree saplings - All 10 new trees can be replanted from cutting.
v20276 - 22 November 2020
- Wood Walls - Sprite has been changed to match flooring style.
- Wood Boards - Any board variation can be used to make boxes, shelves etc.
- Fishing - Has been restored back to allow bridges to be build vertically.
- Wild Bee Hive - Fixed so the bee moves don't get reset causing an infinite bee.
- Skewered Items - More of these are now containable.
- Bread & Sandwiches - Now have an eating sound.
- Tables & Shelves - Can now hold food items and be interacted with.
- Bananas - Can be regrown same way as mangos.
- Windowed Walls - Can now be removed.
- Shelving - Fixed positioning so doors are now infront when open.
- Light Wood Walls - Coloured wood variant has been added.
- Dark Wood Walls - Coloured wood variant has been added.
- Bucket of Plaster - Holds 10 uses (useful for new flooring).
- New Sacks - Sand, Quick Lime, and Sulfur variants have been added.
- Worm Bucket - Bucket holds 10 worms which can be dumped on the floor.
- Ancient Window Walls - Ancient window walls have been added.
- Tobacco Seed Bag - Works the same as the others.
- Sparrows - Can now spawn to eat your precious berries.
v20275 - 08 November 2020
- Bald Cypress with Hive - Long shaft is needed to knock down hives.
- Wattle Panels - Can be chopped.
- Pine Panels - Can be chopped.
- Pine Walls - Returns panel when removed.
- Paint Buckets - No longer use patterns which caused an issue.
- Firing Adobe - Gives heat value.
- Pitchfork - Last use now breaks.
- Jack O' Lantern - Gives heat value.
- Fill Station - Can be removed.
- Copper Ingot - Single sprite now matches stacks.
- Wild Bee Hive - Now despawn.
- Hive Stand - Can be removed.
- Shaft, Fence, And Bamboo Stacks - Can be contained as a XL item.
- Skewered Food - Can be contained as a large item.
- Wild Comb - Can be eaten.
- Bridge - Sprite now matches flooring and position has moved to prevent gaps.
- Fishing - No longer works from above or below the water source.
- Pumpkins - Can now Stack.
- Pumpkin Seed Bags - Added to match other produce.
- Green Paint - Can now be made along with buckets, paintbrush walls and floors.
- Adobe Floors - Adobe can be used to create adobe floors, similar to walls.
- Adobe Plastered Floors - Adobe can be used to create plastered floors, similar to walls.
- Painted Floors - Plastered floors can be painted all paint colours.
- Black Painted Items - Plastered walls & Floors.
- Candles on Plate - Portable light source.
- Light Wood Floor - Light butt wood now produces light boards for flooring.
- Dark Wood Floor - Dark butt wood now produces dark boards for flooring.
- Sardines - Can be caught with a net same as shrimp.
v20274 - 02 November 2020
- Pumpkins - Can be worn.
- Wattle Panels - Recipe has been made easier.
- Pine Panels - Recipe has been made easier.
- Wattle Walls - Returns panel when removed.
- Paint Buckets - Now have 3 uses but requires a paintbrush.
- Reeds - Can no longer be turned into ponds.
- Domestic Wheat - Is now a separate object from wild.
- Seed Bags - Can be filled with seed bowls.
- Watered Hedges - Are now visually darker.
- Copper Ingot - Round stone can be used to create.
- Wild Tomatoes & Squash - Now despawn.
- Squash Plant - Now has a chance to grow a pumpkin.
- Cooked Beef - Sprite change (Thanks Angela).
- Cooked Fish Skewer - Sprite change (Thanks Uno).
- Pumpkins - Imported pumpkins.
- More Seed Bags - Added gooseberry & milkweed.
- Crows - Can now spawn and attack wheat crops.
- Scarecrows - Prevents crows from spawning onto crops.
- Water Pipes - Can be made to transport water from water tanks (corners cannot be placed next to each other).
- Water Tank - Store 70 bowl uses that come from a diesel well.
- Fill Station - Fills up buckets until full.
- Rose Crown - Added rose crown variant (Thanks Error).
- Pitchforks - Used to combine straw to hay bales.
- Hay Bales - can hold 3 straw and then be stacked and transported.
- Paint Brushes - Used to paint walls.
- More Fish - Bass, Cod, Pike, and Trout.
- Coconut Bra - Coconut bowls can be used to make clothing.
v20273 - 26 September 2020
- Fireplace - Kindling can be added to light fire with flit and steel.
- Stone Furnace - Kindling can be added to light fire with flit and steel.
- Poi Pack - Fixed Positioning in wooden boxes.
- Fruit Trees - Resets cycle after fruit has been picked.
- Crates - Single stacks are now classed as a large item.
- Watering Can - Can now be used to water Hops.
- Dung shovel - Fixed bug where you couldnt use lase use shovel on bucket.
- Beef - Can be cooked in adove oven.
- Watering Can - Can now be used to water Hops.
- Letter Stocks - Saplings now give 3 letter stocks.
- More Crates - Added Burdock, cactus and wild carrot.
- More Sacks - Added Salt, Sugar and Bonemeal.
- Glue - Can be used to make seed bags.
- Seed Bags - Paper bags that store 10 seeds.
- Windowed Walls - Added 6 Windowed wall variants.
- Wattle Walls - Added 11 new wattle wall types.
- Roses - Added Green, Yellow and Black.
- Rose Hats - Merged OHOL rose hat variants.
- More Stacks.
v20272 - 14 September 2020
- Cooked Chicken - Chicken can now be cooked in an adobe oven on a plate.
- Cooked Goose - Goose can now also be cooked in an adobe oven.
- Soil Filled Backpacks - Now work on soil and compost boxes.
- Boiler - Slowed down hold speed but made it containable as an extra large item.
- Water Cans - Can be filled with the same methods as water buckets.
- Wormy Row - Sprite modified to show an animated Worm.
- Pit Bulls - No longer turn angry on last use.
- Engines - Baked sprite for optimisation and is containable as an extra large item.
- Bamboo - Can only be cut with knife.
- Windmills - decreased delay to turn into windy windmill.
- Sacks - Updated sprites and container capacity.
- Fences - Can now be installed with a flooring under.
- Fruit Trees - Fixed transition timers.
- Bees - Fixes transition timers.
- Compost boxes - Fixes transitions and worked on balance to compete with normal compost piles.
- Head Wraps - Now uses hand sew items to create old method is now used for sacks.
- Polar Saplings - No longer spawn.
- Directional Signs - 8 variants of signs.
- Cut Sandstone Stacks - Cut Sandstone now stacks.
- Top hat with feather - If anyone wanted this.
- Fence Stacks - Fence kits now stack upto 4 and can be carried.
- Long Shaft Stacks - Long shafts can stack up to 4 and can be carried.
- Bamboo Stacks - Ditto.
- Pepper Stacks - Stacks same as other fruit.
- More Crates - Added additional produce to crates.
- Vertical Locking Doors - Added vertical locking pine doors that can also be password locked.
- Caged Turkey - Turkeys can now be caged same as other birds.
v20271 - 05 September 2020
- Bees and Hives - Bees have been redesigned to be less glitchy.
- Apple Trees - Sprites have been redone.
- 2HOL Keys - Modded clients can no longer see the type of key.
- Silver & Copper Smithing - Changes have been made to these to fit with other ores and keep things less confusing.
- Copper Ores - These now spawn the same as iron.
- Silver Vein - Now matches the gold recipie.
- Orange Trees, Lemon Trees - These work the same as apple trees.
- Regrowing Fruit Trees - Works for all.
- Wooden Crates - Used to store and transport batches of fruit.
- 8 Additional Trees - Thanks to the guys from CCM.
- Coconut Trees - Grown in the desert they can provide drink, fruit and a valuable resource for fire.
- Wood variation - Currently aesthetic but keep your eyes out on coming updates!.
- Caged Cardinals - Take the song birds with you or move them to another spot.
- More Stacks.
- Fertility System
- Password Doors
- The game map was wiped.
v20270 - 14 July 2020
- Fix for juniper spawning with rabbit naturally.
- Fix for compost decay timing.
- Fixed missing transition from wine rework and added visual usage.
- Fixed issue with new shear items.
- Little fix for Dromedary.
- Removed unintentional transition.
- Removed second unintentional transition.
- Removed secure fence transition.
- Old glass making removed.
- Rebalance of wine.
- Balanced compost box.
- Rework on torches.
- Half walls can be removed.
- Can capture rabbits and release them elsewhere.
v20269 - 12 July 2020
- Alternative way to product thread.
- Added other animal variants for livestock.
- Added leather.
- Added wine glass.
- Added torches.
- Added compost box.
- Added soil and charcoal box.
- Added Stone archway.
- More half stone walls.
- Drying racks.
- Large box and cart.
- Large cart stages and transitions.
- Barrels and big rocks can be added to the wagon.
- Notes can be added to boxes and bottles.
- Bison can now use Plough kit.
- New Wooden Door recipe.
- Watering now works on Tobacco, Cotton sapling, Grapes and Vineyards.
- Added extra graphics for later mod support.
- Disable clearing of map regions not viewed for a week, upon server startup.
- Malformed MOVE message crash fix (thanks Jason).
- Compost box doesn't constantly regen worms.
- Fixed horse and cart positioning.
- Fixed wild Grapes.
- Fix for watercan losing a use.
- Fixed name format.
- Fixed horse placement and blocking.
- Added missing item from water can.
- Sign panels now work as intended.
- Double the area that a seed can place a player.
- Initial grapes redo.
- You can now cycle through blacksmithing objects.
- Charcoal can be added to kiln without bellows.
- Pans and Pots match blacksmith method.
- Arch way can be removed.
- Slight nerf to berries.
- Age restrictions on rideable plough animals.
- Age restriction on wagons and cargo wagons.
- Added missed Age restriction for cargo carts.
- Large boxes can be moved by Sledge.
- Goose is no longer containable but can be caged :(.
- Sledge items stay with the box.
- Chicken egg resize.
- Chicken resize.
- Increased usage for soil box.
- Grape cutting despawns after 3 mins.
- Reworked furnace and added removal transitions.
- Furnace now requires iron door.
- Doubled the cooldown of glass.
- Changed wooden barrel recipe.
- Reduced cheese times.
- Bottles are easier to click and notes can be added.
- Wine transitions.
- More wine transitions.
- Fixe wine bottle transition.
- Updated furnace heat values and added extra transitions.
- Fixed torch name and heat value.
- Added missing sounds from blacksmithing iron.
- Removed unused object.
- Added sound and transitions to stone fire and furnace.
- Initial stone furnace and fireplace commit.
- Wild grapes no longer block.
- Added missing soil box transition.
- Modified unused barrel sprites.
- Barrel sprite change.
- Naming of wagon objects is now standardised.
- Added missing cargo transition and animation.
- Cage transitions.
- Empty watercan sound.
- Added stone arch transitions.
- Removed odd ancient wall transitions.
- Changed ploughed row sprite.
- Removed mammoth plough sound.
- Nomad clothes redo.
- Added missing chicken resize.
- Added cage transitions.
- Cargo Wagon and transitions.
- Fixed cage sprite after centering.
v20268 - 13 June 2020
- Added OHOL glass method to 2hol glass.
- New Pies.
- More stacks.
- Temp shelves.
- Initial cow update.
- Initial hedge items.
- Initial Water bucket commit.
- Hedge wall objects.
- Added Bison Hat.
- Added Half Stone Walls.
- Added Cages.
- Added Bucket of Corn.
- Added Feed bucket.
- Added Blacksmith apron.
- Added Skull masks.
- Repositioned Glass jars and added Glass bottles.
- Chicken can be diced for future recipes and added Chicken Pie.
- Bridges can't be removed by adding another floor
- Fix for Town clothing
- Fixed Town clothing dye issue
- Fixed shovel bug
- Chicken pie doesn't consume plate
- Fixed new pies aren't consumed in 1 bite
- Bowls aren't consumed when making new pies
- Hedge cutting should only have 1 use
- Stacked items no longer have food or heat values
- Animals on rope can't be switched with objects
- Can no longer drop bloody sword
- Optimisation - reduced the number on sprites on wall objects
- Optimisation - merged object sprites
- Added birth skip to Eves with no last name
- Removed global message reporting family arcs
- All flooring has insulation
- Poipack now has insulation value
- Domestic animal changes
- Domestic animals can be roped
- Doubled domestic offspring lifespan
- Chickens can be fed corn
- Sheep and Cows need to be fed to reproduce
- Shucked corn pile turns to dry
- Stallions only usable from age 13
- Splitting figure 8 gives 2 lassos
- Gates auto close after 2 secs unless clicked again
- Old boots can be repaired
- Cheese wheel stacks
- Ball of thread can be used with nomad clothing
- Swords require gold
- Can put Swords on Poipack
- Hedge cutting can be placed
- Removing half wall returns stones
- Dug wild hedges despawn after 5 mins
- Now able to use Water can on Compost pile, bushes and hedges
- Bacon can be added back to a plate
- Update server.cpp
- Revert "Update server.cpp"
- Dug Potatoes
- Dumped bones change back
- Cow skin despawns after 5 mins
- Two lassos can't be picked up
- Fixed potato transition
- Added missing Hedge transitions
- Hedge cutting is now containable
- Dug hedges don't spawn naturally
- Fixed pie transitions
- Watering can transitions and workbench sprite redo
- Half wall transitions
- Water can transitions and objects
- Removed comments from transitions
- Added missing sounds to hedges
- Missing hops sound
- Added hedge transitions
- Hedge transitions
- Missed 'pie' from Steak pie
- Missed Chicken pie transition
- Added missing sounds and cow transitions
- Added note to embed footer of info command about how far back the data goes
- maintenance, move along
- Added Weighting for mothers using age
- Fish remains bring back bears
- Added sounds to glass
- Update useLifeTokenServer.ini
- Update fitnessServerURL.ini
- Update minActivePlayersForFitness.ini
- Update useFitnessServer.ini
- Update fitnessServerURL.ini
- Update minActivePlayersForFitness.ini
- Updated regex
v20267 - 30 March 2020
- Enabled cursing. Cursing a player blocks them from spawning within 50 blocks of you for a limited time.
- Anniversary party hat
- Fishing pots
- Tool slot on Poipack
- Dung bucket and box
- Boiled eggs
- Stacks of stacks
- Rose crown
- Fishing hat
- Pine, leaf, tatami and sand flooring
- Sand castles
- Carrot rows turn to a hardened row as intended
- Hens now working better
- Able to remove wood from broken tools
- Bee swarm fixes
- Nests can't be used as hats
- Fixed sandstone issues
- Fixed dye issues
- Fixed missing bee transition (hopefully they're a little less magical)
- Several default client and server settings
- Preparing for automatic client updates in the next version
- Sewing machine can be removed from table
- Bamboo now containable as a large object
- Fruit boots have 9% insulation
- Able to add tires to carts in varying ways
- Squash seeds despawn after 15 minutes
- Bacon can be put back onto plate
- Cooked pork can be eaten
- Cotton seeds despawn after 5 minutes
- Ember leaf can go onto pine needles
- Bellows can be removed from forge with charcoal
- Wormy hardened row now only takes 30 minutes
- Sheep skin can be turned into fleece
- Axe gives two kindling from firewood
- Town clothing now containable
- Feather hat requires more feathers
- Bees now cause yellow fever instead of snake bites (no longer deadly)
- Nests can be turned back to straw
- Rabbits can be moved
v20266 - 11 March 2020
- Added setting to toggle nudity. Thanks Adk.
- Added sword which can take one life, until needing to be sharpened.
- Disabled all other forms of PvP.
- Added 2nd year statue.
- Added wooden, bamboo and sandstone wall variants.
- Added town clothing, comprising of 4 variants.
- Added bamboo.
- Added sandstone.
- Added table.
- Added work bench.
- Added sewing machine.
- Added hens and roosters.
- Added new hat variants.
- Added head wrap and basket.
- Fixed wooden doors to only shut with the correct key.
- Fixed water duplication (again).
- Fixed vanishing items on babies.
- Fixed server crash caused by arrows.
- Changed bear caves to only ever be home to 1 bear.
- Changed sheep to give twice as much wool.
- Changed cheese so that it can be made from cow milk.
- Increased capacity of cheroot box.
- Changed email field to be username field on main screen.
- Removed tools on backpacks.
- Seed Spawn System
- The game map was wiped.
v20265 - 09 November 2019
- Tire cart now decays into old tire cart.
- Mallets can fix old carts.
- Added horse and cart with tires.
- Added bonemeal to speed up plant growth.
- Bows, shovel, pick and axe can be attached to a backpack like a sword.
- Wall flags can be used as home markers.
- Removed water duplication with wells, cisterns and ponds.
- Dromedary and bridle no longer spawn when you are killed.
- Removed soil duplication.
- Bee combs can no longer destroy walls.
- Fixed speed of large rocks.
- Fixed jar sprite positions.
- Removed fence becoming a gate bug.
- Fixed dress placement.
- Fixed dry pond bug.
- Added sounds to fish transitions.
- Fixed pad bug.
- Rubber tree sapling and shears can now be placed, instead of starving you to death.
- Removed mod tools.
- Landing strips no longer decay.
- Stone walls no longer disappear after a restart.
- Halved spawn rate of wild beehives.
- Halved spawn rate of mosquitos.
- Stakes have a common centre stake.
- Flint and steel is unlimited.
- Pine needles can be used as tinder.
- Removed old fishing method.
- Removed backpack decay.
- Cheese bread and worms can be removed from a bowl.
- Open pine doors can be removed.
- Tweaked biome generation.
- Changed the way door keys work and display.
- Camels now have a minimum use age.
- Removed 2HOL tree planting, in favour of the OHOL system.
- Removed 2HOL copper, in favour of the OHOL system.
- Changed order of stakes.
- Replaced blacksmith flag recipe.
- Letters now increment with a rock.
- Added a new spawning system.
- Water regenerates twice as fast in a well.
- Wells can only be created on a natural spring.
- Gold spawns twice as much.
- All bucket variants are containable.
- Majority of bowl variants are containable.
- Rabbit carcass only gives one bone.
- Bean pods decay after one hour.
- Increased worm spawn rate.
- Property fences now decay after two hours.
- Newcomen engine can be disassembled.
- Dry pond can be removed.
- Tule reeds can be turned into full pond.
- The game map was wiped.
v20264 - 31 August 2019
- Ocean biome
This update is known as the return of Two Hours One Life following eight months of uncertainty after the unexpected departure of the founder.
This version was made up of a lot of the content that had come in the update prior to it in late 2018 excluding any of the code changes that had been made but including progress that had been made by community and team members that had begun work on a spin off (2HOL Reborn) during the period of uncertainty.
Two Hours One Life as you know it today would not be the same without the work thanks to those who went their own way, pushing through the tough times and eventually reformed as one with the original project.